County-Owned Land Sale
NOTICE OF MILLE LACS COUNTY SEALED BID AUCTION FOR THE SALE OF COUNTY-OWNED REAL PROPERTY
BIDS CLOSE APRIL 15, 2020
Mille Lacs County, Minnesota
Notice is hereby given that Mille Lacs County shall, to the highest bidder, sell the following described parcels. Sale shall be subject to the following conditions:
- The property shall be sold to the highest bidder.
- Properties are sold “as is.”
- All property sales are final.
- Purchased properties are subject to existing leases.
- Existing easements remain with the property, such as existing road and/or railroad easements or right-of-ways; easements obtained by a governmental entity for a public purpose; and any other permanent easement of record.
- Properties may not be “buildable,” meaning that properties may not conform to zoning and building ordinances for placement of buildings, or there may be environmental issues that make the property unsuitable for building.
- If the property is within a development or part of an association, the recorded regulations will apply.
- The County retains all iron ore and other valuable mineral rights in and upon the lands.
- If the property is Torrens (Registered Property), there may be additional fees to update the certificate prior to any subsequent transfer of title.
- Sealed bids must be received in the Environmental Resources Office, 635 2nd Street SE, Milaca, MN 56353 by 4:30 P.M. on April 15, 2020. Bids should include the name, address, phone number, and signature of the prospective bidder, along with parcel identification number(s) and respective bid value(s).
- Bids will be considered at 9:00 A.M. at the regular meeting of the Mille Lacs County Board of Commissioners on April 21, 2020 in the Mille Lacs County Historic Courthouse located at 635 2nd Street SE, Milaca, MN 56353.
- Successful bidders will have 10 business days to execute the sale and provide payment. Payment shall consist of a check, payable to Mille Lacs County, for the total amount payable. The final purchase amount includes:
- Accepted bid (sale) amount.
- State Deed Tax (sale amount x 0.0033)
- Recording Fee (currently $46.00; Torrens parcels may require additional fees).
- Should the successful bidder not submit the payment in time, the parcel(s) may be awarded to the next highest bidder who must comply with the deadline and manner for payment as described in item 12 of this notice. In the case of tie bids, the successful bidder will be decided by the toss of a coin by the Land Commissioner.
Published as follows are the parcels for sale:
Parcel Identification Number: 09-962-2430
Legal Description: Lot numbered two hundred eighty-nine (298) of Port Mille Lacs, according to the plat thereof on file and of record in the Office of the Register of Deeds in and for Mille Lacs County, Minnesota, subject to mineral reservations of record if any, and protective covenants and restrictions of record.
Minimum Bid Value: $6,000
Parcel Identification Number: 09-969-0230
Legal Description: Lot Twenty-three (23) Block One (1) of Port Mille Lacs Golf Acres North, according to the plat thereof on file and of record in the office of the Register of Deeds in and for Mille Lacs County, Minnesota, subject to mineral reservations of record, if any, and protective covenants and restrictions of record.
Minimum Bid Value: $6,000
Parcel Identification Number: 09-969-0760
Legal Description: Lot number 5, Block 3, Port Mille Lacs Golf Acres North.
Minimum Bid Value: $4,500
Parcel Identification Number: 14-568-0040
Legal Description: Parcel 4, Mille Lacs County Highway Right of Way Plat No. 8.
Minimum Bid Value: $73,000
The County reserves the right to waive any bid for non-conformity with the bidding process, or all bids at its discretion. Alternately, the County may waive minor non-conformities at their discretion.