1. Passport Applications Processed by Appointment Only

    Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, passport application will only be accepted by appointment only. Passport photos cannot be processed at this time. Please call the Auditor's Office at 320-983-8310 to schedule an appointment. Read on...
  2. Property Tax Payment Period Extended to June 30, 2020

    The first half Property Taxes are still due on May 15, 2020, however at the County Board meeting on May 5, 2020, the County Board of Commissioners voted to abate (remove) penalties on current property tax payments... Read on...
  3. Notice of New Voting Equipment

    To the Clerks and voters of (All) Townships and Cities in the County of Mille Lacs, State of Minnesota: The State of Minnesota provided counties an opportunity to receive a Voting Equipment Grant (VEGA-2) to assist counties in upgrading... Read on...
View All

The Mille Lacs County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office is a Passport Acceptance Facility for new passports, passports that expired more than 15 years ago, were issued to a minor, or passports that have been lost, stolen or damaged. 

We do not actually create the passports in our office, but accept applications, supporting documents, fees etc. to be sent to the Passport Processing Facility.

Visit the U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs website for more information on passports, the application process, and to access all necessary forms.  Please note that a social security number is required on the paperwork and is needed at time of application.

Passport Options

There are two options available for a passport:

  • U.S. Passport Book: This is the most common type of passport requested. The U.S. passport book is used to enter the United States from any international land border crossing, sea ports-of-entry and travel by air. The book is valid for ten years for ages 16 and older, five years for minors under 16 years of age.
  • U.S. Passport Card: The U.S. passport card is used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air. The card is smaller and less expensive than a passport book. The card is valid for ten years for ages 16 and older, five years for minors under 16 years of age.