Gambling Licenses

  1. Passport Applications Processed by Appointment Only

    Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, passport application will only be accepted by appointment only. Passport photos cannot be processed at this time. Please call the Auditor's Office at 320-983-8310 to schedule an appointment. Read on...
  2. Notice of New Voting Equipment

    To the Clerks and voters of (All) Townships and Cities in the County of Mille Lacs, State of Minnesota: The State of Minnesota provided counties an opportunity to receive a Voting Equipment Grant (VEGA-2) to assist counties in upgrading... Read on...
View All

The Minnesota Gambling Control Board oversees the licensing and regulation of all gambling establishments.

The five forms of lawful gambling are:

  • Bingo
  • Paddlewheels
  • Pull-Tabs
  • Raffles
  • Tipboards

Licensing Process Summary

Start early! Paperwork is due to the Gambling Control Board 60 days prior to the proposed event start date.

  1. Determine which licenses are needed. Visit the Gambling Control Board to review the requirements and to print the necessary forms.
  2. Complete the licensing forms.
  3. Obtain City or Township Approval. Typically, the City or Township Clerk will approve your application. If you reside
    in a Township, obtain Mille Lacs County approval.
  4. Mail or deliver your application to:
    Mille Lacs County Auditor’s Office
    635 2nd Street SE
    1st Floor
    Milaca, MN 56353
  5. The Mille Lacs County Board of Commissioners will review your application at their next Board meeting.
  6. Upon approval, you will receive notice in the mail.
  7. Mail your application package to the Gambling Control Board. The Board will review your application and, if approved, issue your license. The State will also provide you with information on the various gambling reporting requirements.

Remember that your paperwork is due to the MN Gambling Control Board 60 days prior to the proposed start date of your event.

Lawful Gambling Tax Payment Extension  - More information at MN Department of Revenue.

More Information

To learn more about the licensing process, contact the Minnesota Gambling Control Board:
Brett McKeever
Compliance Specialist
Phone: 651-639-4049
Email Breet McKeever